Saturday, January 14, 2012

DIY- Shoe Shelves

For anyone that knows me well, they know that I have a love affair with shoes. I don't discriminate, I like all kinds, heels, flats, boots, sandals, you name it; I probably have too many (but I would never admit to that of course)!

When my dad and I were boxing day shopping, he found a revolving shoe rack that held 36 pairs. "I told him, that's not enough! Have you seen my closet?"

I love displaying my shoes in boxes, and one day when I'm cool enough to own an iphone with instagram or an old fashioned polaroid, i'd love to glue the pictures of my shoes to their respective boxes. Until then, I have them memorized!






The problem when you're thrifty is that sometimes you get a great deal at a Winners or Thrift Store where the shoes don't come in boxes. Well look no further- problem solved. I was flipping through the Ikea catalog last year, when I noticed a picture of kitchen rails holding shoes. I thought to myself- that's a genius idea and quickly went about making it a reality.



The great thing about these rails is that they don't take too much space, and you can add hooks to hold your strappy shoes!

For those interested, there's an entire site dedicated to repurposing ikea products here

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...