Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Things I love: Vintage Cookie Jar

I bought this cookie jar at Value Village ages ago. It's a pyrex, and has had many uses over the years. I only put cookies in it when I know they'll be eaten right away (it doesn't have an air tight seal), but I love having fresh baked cookies on display. I'm sure when I open my bed and bakery one day; this guy will play a leading role!




These cookies are the best Cinnamon Raisin cookies I have ever made, the secret is soaking the raisins in the eggs and vanilla for at least an hour before you start making these cookies.

Best Ever Cinnamon Raisin Cookies:

Ingredients:
3 eggs well beaten
1 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
11/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups oatmeal

Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for 1 hour covered with plastic wrap. Cream together butter and sugars. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to sugar mixture. Mix well, blend in egg mixture and oatmeal (I use my fingers to combine as dough is quite stiff). Drop heaping tablespoons onto ungreased pans. Bake at 350 for 10 mins. Makes 36 large or 48 smaller cookies (I freeze two thirds of it)

2 comments:

  1. jess! i can't wait to go to your bed and bakery someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about oatmeal raisin cookies...thanks for the recipe. I can't wait for your bed and bakery as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...