Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Clipping Coupons

Date Set... Check
Venue Booked... Check
Church Booked... Check
Photographer Booked... Check

As you can see, i'm well on my way with the wedding planning. I was blown away by just how early you have to book some things. Our venue only had two dates left when I called 14 months in advance...scary!

Now that the big things are out of the way, it's time for me to focus on all the little details, which of course are the things I truly care about and love! So far I have found a few invaluable resources: Pinterest, Etsy, Style Me Pretty Canada and Groupon.

Groupon has begun featuring many deals for online services, which is awesome for wedding planning! So far I have purchased a groupon for custom labels (destined for my homemade favours) and custom printing (aka Save the Dates and Customer Return Address Labels). I am hoping once we get our engagement photos taken that i'll find a groupon for a custom photobook that I can use as the guestbook at our reception! A little trick of the trade- don't tell anyone you're purchasing for a wedding. For some reason when you add wedding to just about anything (invitations, cake, decorations) the price automatically goes up 20%. For example our save the dates we're from the advertising postcards section (i.e $0.18 per post card vs $1.00 per formal save the date).

These deals paired with the great supplies you can find on etsy make for an easy and cost effective DIY wedding that allows you to add unique creative touches to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...